A true Chinese original, acupuncture has been used for ages to treat people of various kinds of ailments and illnesses. This healing modality uses thin needles inserted into different parts of the human body called acupuncture points and they are where the treatment is focused. Apart from needles, an acupuncture procedure can also involve the use of laser, heat, or pressure at the acupuncture points. The style of acupuncture treatment may vary from country to country while the basic principle stays the same. According to Chinese medicine, there are certain patterns of energy flowing inside our body and this flow is essential for health. Disease or illness sets in when this flow of energy gets disrupted. Acupuncture is used to restore the smooth flow of energy eliminating disease or illness in the process.
These days, acupuncture has been getting more and more used by millions of people all over the world. They are beginning to see how it can be used to treat different kinds of health issues. Acupuncture is non-invasive and has very few side effects, which is one reason why it is very popular among people who are averse in using medications. It not only alleviates the symptoms but also addresses the root cause of a problem. Acupuncture provides an intense sense of relief and satisfaction for many people. Health issues such as nausea and vomiting can be allayed using this natural therapy. Acupuncture is used to treat post-surgery dental pain. Other conditions such as asthma, stroke rehabilitation, low back pain, headache, and addiction can also be addressed with this treatment that have shown to produce incredible results for a lot of people.
The following are just some of the great benefits acupuncture can provide:
1. Acupuncture cures seasonal allergies
2. With electro-acupuncture, the number of migraines per month can be reduced.
3. Acupuncture raises the mood of a person by stimulating the neurotransmitters in the brain
4. Acupuncture lowers weight and cures obesity
5. Acupuncture improves the activities of immune cells
6. It cures insomnia and other sleeping problems
7. It helps in maintain body temperature balance.
8. It addresses problems associated with lower back pain or discomfort.
9. Regular acupuncture treatments can lower blood pressure and stress levels that keep the heart healthy.
Acupuncture Side Effects
Accidental punctures in the lungs can occur due to the incorrect placement of the needles. This can be serious since it can lead to partial collapse of the lungs. Bacterial infections, hepatitis, and other infections can occur at the site of insertion. You can avoid all these side effects if you seek treatment from a licensed and qualified acupuncturist.