The benefits of acupuncture Orlando are so numerous. The World Health Organization (WHO) has listed more than 30 health conditions that acupuncture can effectively treat. Yet so many people especially in the United States are unaware of this wonderful therapy. Here is a list of benefits that acupuncture offers:
- Acupuncture is a non-invasive treatment form. One does not need to undergo painful procedures to get rid of pain and illness. Though acupuncture uses needles in its procedure, the needles are as thin as human head hair and do not cause pain at all. The needles are inserted at depths that hardly break the skin. Extremely rare cases of inflammation, mild bleeding or bruising from acupuncture have been reported. Therefore, it is best to consult with a reputable, experienced and certified professional acupuncturist for one’s treatment to avoid these occurrences. Not all acupuncturists are as skilled as those with extensive experience and credentials. It is best to get recommendations from one’s healthcare provider, physician, friends or family for a qualified acupuncturist.
- Acupuncture is relatively inexpensive when compared to other forms of treatment. Medications taken in the long-term can cost a fortune compared to a few series of acupuncture sessions in treating a painful condition. We all know that surgery on the average costs tens of thousands of dollars; a fraction of the amount of acupuncture therapy.
- Acupuncture does not have side effects. Do medications have side effects? Yes. What’s more, unlike medications, which can leave one drowsy, nauseous, dizzy and sleepy, acupuncture enables one to perform one’s daily activities after treatment. One can spend an hour or two in an acupuncture clinic then proceed with scheduled appointments immediately after treatment.
- As mentioned above, acupuncture can ably treat several diseases. Mild to severe pain, osteoarthritis, phobias, addictions, infertility or obesity are some of the diverse conditions acupuncture can effectively address. Besides being a treatment for illnesses, acupuncture can also enhance the functions of the body systems (circulatory, endocrine, digestive, respiratory, etc.)
- Acupuncture can be a complementary/supplementary modality for other treatment methods. Acupuncture can make other modalities, mediocre when left on its own become an effective treatment for illnesses and disorders. Acupuncture is often combined with another powerful modality as herbal medicine, which can quicken and optimize the treatment process. Applied with Western modalities such as In Vitro Fertilization where chances for fertilization may be less than 50% without acupuncture, when combined with acupuncture, this procedure jumps to above 70% to more than 80% success rate. This fact is the same with egg-donor transfer and artificial insemination.
With these factors in mind, one can see the wonderful benefits acupuncture has on people’s health. If there ever is a treatment that can claim to be a panacea, acupuncture comes pretty close to it.