Natural treatments for arthritis pain are generally safe and so effective particularly when it comes to long term relief from arthritis inflammation and chronic pain. Prescription drugs do give short term relief from arthritis pain but in exchange for this transient relief, the patient must suffer from horrible side effects brought about by these drugs, which often are more serious than the symptoms brought about by arthritis pain.
Below are some of the healthy natural remedies that are helpful in treating arthritis pain.
- Acupuncture NYC – the healing art of acupuncture is more than two thousand years old. It is still widely used around the world to treat many kinds of painful conditions and a host of other health problems. It is used quite successfully in the treatment of arthritis pain. Acupuncture uses needles inserted at points in the body called acupuncture points to stimulate these points and create beneficial effects such as release of natural painkillers called endorphins and improve blood circulation to help treat the painful condition of arthritis. Some people who got acupuncture treatment have reported pain relief and a feeling of comfort and relaxation during the treatment session. Patients who are willing to undergo acupuncture should accept the treatment wholeheartedly since having a positive mind about this treatment gives optimal beneficial effects on the patient. If music relaxes you during the treatment session, ask your acupuncturist if he can play sweet soothing music or burn some sweet smelling incense during the course of the treatment.
- Another way to battle arthritis pain is to follow a healthy lifestyle and diet. Doing this guarantees you a strong immune system that shields you from injuries and other factors that can cause arthritis.
- In keeping with a healthy diet, make it a point not to drink coffee or alcohol or eat and drink anything high in processed sugar and saturated fats. Eating and drinking these kinds of products will only lead to inflammation in your body that may induce symptoms of arthritis.
- Keep lean and fit. Excess weight adds tension and strain to the bones, muscles and joints which can lead to arthritis. Acupuncture can help curb your appetite due to the endorphins the treatment produces which help in neutralizing food cravings.
- Eat foods packed with Vitamin D and for protection of your bones. It also helps if these vitamins are taken in supplements.
- Eat foods high in omega 3 fatty acids which are good for acquiring healthy joints. Deepwater fish such as mackerel and salmon are perfect foods in getting omega 3 fatty acids.
- Using of herbal formulas are also excellent ways to prevent arthritis flare ups. If it is not possible to stop taking them altogether, limit your use of over the counter drugs to preserve the health of your liver and kidneys.